View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2006, 02:52 PM  
Retro Tin Canz
Retro Tin Canz's Forum Picture
Default Re: an Untitled story by my friend Catie and I

Yeah, okay, Ro. Like I read the dictionary. If this were a movie, I'd be having a close-up showing me rolling my eyes.
Back to our unreal reality…
"Shamus, no. I think you and Ro should go together," I heard Iris say. My heart skipped a beat. And it's not one of those good beat-skips. I couldn't actually believe Iris was suggesting this! She knew that it'd be a catastrophe, so why was she doing it!? I could tell she knew I liked her so much. In my opinion, she should have just let me go with her to make making a move on her easier for me! Girls are such a hassle. But they're amazing. With the exception of Ro... then again she's not quite 100% female!
"Hold on," I said. "I don't think that's such a good idea. We've already got so much at stake here; there's not quite enough time for Ro and I to learn how to, you know, work things out when we've got to free the rest of the Dumaniz." I glanced at Ro. She was doing her classic "Whatever, look at how I ignore you," act.
Iris shrugged. "I don't know," she said. "I think we should just split up, Ceil and I, and Shamus and Ro." I still felt sick at the prospect of cooperation with Ro. And I didn't trust that Ceil guy. Who's to say he wouldn't kill her when she slept? Who's to say he wouldn't… ew, Shamus, little kids might read this story.
"Well we should have a rendezvous point somewhere, but seeing as I don't know this area at all…" I argued.
"But I'm familiar with it," our wonderful little saint Ceil said. "I'll navigate Iris, and I'll draw you and Ro a map." Oh, great. It'd probably end us up at a dead end, or in the hands of Vollmer's pals. But after five minutes of work on a little computer, and downloading the map on a really neat, Star Wars-like holographic projector, the two pairs of us were on our merry ways, and I couldn't stifle the feeling of dread welling up inside me. Especially when Ro said "I sleep in the nude, so I don't wanna hear any complaining about that, copy?" No, I was just kidding about the sleeping nude part.

"Sing when the only microphone is your hairbrush...
Dance when the only audience is your mirror...
And act whenever you feel like it."
~Catherine Olivia

I have now realized that I could care less about what other people think of me, and thusforth, I am becoming an //individual// again.

Check out my blog!--
Retro Tin Canz is offline   Reply With Quote