View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2006, 03:37 AM  
xdeviancex
Member+

Default And...I have Amblyopia - Strabismus

MY STORY

Whoever has a eye that is blurred... and yet sees fine ...and never had a eye exam (NOT the school one) at the doctor. You should! Fast.. because ive aced every eye exam at school and failed the sixth grade one... as I grew up I never knew I was 3/4 blind in my right eye. I would run around when I was younger with my left eye closed and run around and tripped... The thing is whats so serious about it... Its very very hard to even get close to notice it... If you have crazy vision and you fail one and you go get glasses...wait wait lets back up...hmm the doctor right? well Ive went to a eye doctor and he didnt even do a real check up...didn't even dialect my eyes...well so on.. I took the check up.. everything he showed me and i used my right eye to see i couldnt see... he used all these lenses and stuff and everything just looked the same.. I was afraid to tell him but I just couldnt... got the glasses eventually looked through them..... "...." .... "?" "mom, do i need to adjust to them or something" ...."yea" ... Ive never adjusted to them... so we got another pair because they screwed them up... We got fixed ones....i put em on.... "......" ..."omg" ...I wait a few hours ...never wore them again ..I lost them and never spoke of them again... My dad wanted me to get another check up later on.... so eventually I got one.. at a different more expensive place... tryed it all and turned out he told me I had Strabismus...

Heres a article of what it is... I could explain it but I dont want to confuse you all...

ARTICLE

For Amblyopia
http://www.kellogg.umich.edu/patient...amblyopia.html
For Strabismus
http://www.kellogg.umich.edu/patient...trabismus.html

A MORE BASIC WAY OF SAYING IT

Throughout the ages of 9 or so to 12 the brain connects to the eyes
making whatever you see permanent... Strabismus happens when you have Amblyopia known as Lazy eye, Strabismus happens when you have Amblyopia and your eyes are mislead during ages 3 - 8, do you know anyone's eyes who are misaligned and go off a bit when they stare...they have usually Strabismus ....misaligned eyes......the crossed awkard funky eye is impaired in vision ...The brain "turns off" the image from the crossed eye to avoid double vision and the child uses only the better eye.

WHATS SO BAD?

1 ...So basically you see with one eye...somebody could stab you impaired eye and you'd see the same way..

2 If you have something bad done to your "better eye" your screwed and glasses and nothing can help you.

3 Another bad thing about all this is your perifial vision is screwed.

4 It gives of migraines and tension headaches daily...

5 You look retarded lol which I like and its funny..

6 You'll never know what its like your entire life to see normally..

7 You you see real bad double image.. So when I put my hand in my face.. Its transluent and blurred and theres 2....

Theres much more to say but Oh well...

MAINLY WHY I POSTED IT HERE IS BECAUSE IF YOU JUST TURNED
13 YOU COULD GET LUCKY AND GET A CHECK UP BEFORE ITS TOO
LATE AND IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS THESE SYPTOMS
YOU CAN MENTION IT

Some Symptoms-

Misaligned eyes

You could flick em off on the side of their
bad eye and they wouldnt even notice.

Lazy eye

Tension headaches once every 2 days.

---------------------------------------------
Btw, I use Excedrin for migraines and headaches
do not take on empty stomache you would HATE
it. Ya get Nauseous, Dizzy, Heat Waves, Tingling,
Weak legs, and you can collapse...
---------------------------------------------

I'll probably edit this if I miss something...

ALSO In the article there is a treatment but its not useful
once your brain connects with you eyes ages 10-12 or something.
Thats what makes it even more serious.

BTW... I dont have my eyes stuck crosseyed.. i just have the conditions..

21/M/FL, and I'm Gay.

Last edited by xdeviancex; July 19th, 2006 at 03:52 AM.
xdeviancex is offline   Reply With Quote