View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2006, 10:13 PM  
cmpcmp
Member++

Default Re: same sex unions, perspective

First off i don't legally oppose samesex, or polygamist unions

Sorry if im confusing but my intention of this thread was more to discuss the prospect of making samesex unions a possiblilty leagally, in the perspective of other things. To me at least, it seems that polygamist unions are very similar (legally) to the issue of wether samesex unions should be a possibility (leaglly) I have found that this actualy has great barring on the issue of opposing same sex unions.

If it can be reasoned, which you have (examples below from redcar.)
Against polygamy...

Quote:
SO would you vote to make gay unions a possibility but polygamyh not a possibility?
in a word, yes.
Quote:
i'm homosexual and i am going to fight for my own rights.
Quote:
ok i feel the way about polygamy becasue at the heart of it i am a catholic. and i have been brought up and thought that a marraige is between two people and two people only, like i believe most other people have. i believe it is a thing to be used when two people love each other so much they want to share their whole life together. now call me hypocritical all you want, but that is my view on marraige, because i was raised that way.
Quote:
it wont hurt me, but as i say i have just been brought up believing that marraige is a sacred thing between two people, its just what i have been thought and its what i believe.
Quote:
honestly i dont know why i argue this all the time, because when it comes to sexuality i people are either for it or against, and with this there is very rarely changing minds. i just find it sad that there are still people who wont accept people for who they are.
Quote:
my point is with polygamy, i.e. the more people we have involved in it the meaning of marraige becomes dilluted.
Why do you think that every body should support samesex unions when you yourself use reasons like.....
"at the heart of it i am a catholic"
"but that is my view on marraige, because i was raised that way."
"its just what i have been thought (assume u actualy meant taught) and its what i believe."
"the meaning of marraige becomes dilluted."

When every one of thoes reasons I myself could use to say that I dont support same sex unions.
-At the heart of it, im a catholic and the bible says homosexual relation ships are bad so i think that they are bad
-I have my views against samesex unions, because i was raised that way
-Same sex unions are wrong, its just what i have been taught, and it;s what i believe.
-When marrige is no longer just between a man and a woman, the meaning of marrige becomes deluted.

This is the point of my polygamy argument, it has alot to do with how ppl see the issue of same sex unions when they put it "in perspective" especialy when the person says things like (which i quote)
Quote:
SO would you vote to make gay unions a possibility but polygamyh not a possibility?
in a word, yes.
Quote:
i'm homosexual and i am going to fight for my own rights.
Why should i as a heterosexual fight for anything but my own rights? (according to your logic)
Quote:
(polygamy is implied) it wont hurt me
Then why do you oppose it being a posibility of being a legal union?
Quote:
i just find it sad that there are still people who wont accept people for who they are.
Do you find it sad that you don't accept polygamist for who they are? and if you not them then why do i have to accept same sex unions?
cmpcmp is offline   Reply With Quote