View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2006, 02:18 PM  
cmpcmp
Member++

Default Re: same sex unions, perspective

Ok, if you people would take a look at my actual position from previous posts,
-I think that any kind of "union" that doesn't hurt any body should be a possibility, just as writing up any kind of contract is. (all provided participants are of leagl age, not mental incapable of understanding the contract and w/e)

Quote:
ok i feel the way about polygamy becasue at the heart of it i am a catholic. and i have been brought up and thought that a marraige is between two people and two people only, like i believe most other people have. i believe it is a thing to be used when two people love each other so much they want to share their whole life together. now call me hypocritical all you want, but that is my view on marraige, because i was raised that way.
ahhh, the point I was trying to make out of the whole thread.
-Your eqact same reasoning can easily be used against you.
-AND you even brought up religion, christianity. There are numerous lines in the bible that condem homosexual relation ships, So how is this ONLY reasoning against polygamy for you?
-If you truthfully just used the "how i was rasied argument" then so can EVERYONE else, Il give you a idea of what im talking about, il just doctor your quote.

DOCTORED VERSION

Quote:
ok i feel the way about gay unions becasue at the heart of it i am a catholic. and i have been brought up and thought that a marraige is between a man and a woman only, like i believe most other people have. i believe it is a thing to be used when two people love each other so much they want to share their whole life together. now call me hypocritical all you want, but that is my view on marraige, because i was raised that way.
Personaly i don't really like the "how i was raised argument" because I do believe ppl can change there views in light of new facts.

ALso any body can use that argument something like
"I was rasied with the bible and it says homosexualrelationships=bad, so they are" or
"I was raised and marrige was between man and woman, so thats what i believe"

At the end of the day that argument will get you no where, becasue i was told so isn't a good argument. ANY joe blow can use that for anything

Why does se7en (good movie btw)
say..
Quote:
How dare you compare Gay marriage to Polygamy. You act like being gay is wrong, it isnt...If you ever talked to someone who is gay, you would clearly know that it isnt a choice for them, but with polygamy it is.
ok some reasons
-same sex unions are under debate
-the closest thing there is is a polygamist union
-if the best reasoning you can come up with against polygamy is "becasue i was raised that way" why must I support gay unions? i can't have been raised differently?

If you would have read almost ANY of my posts you would have found that I have said--Having feeling isn't wrong because you can't control feelings.
-being attracted to the same gender isn't wrong
-being attracted to the color blue isn't wrong
-wanting to kill some one isn't wrong
=killing some one is wrong (when it's murder)
=I have problems with homosexuality (moraly, but please im trying to keep this board moral free, trying to discuss the creation of "unions" that ppl can sign, wether they be homosexual or polygamist.

Quote:
(being gay) isnt a choice for them, but with polygamy it is.
Ok lets put ourselves in this position.
-a man grows up to be 22
-he meets two woman both of whom he likes, the woman are both bi
-they all love eachother very much and want to start a family

Where did the man (or the woman) make a choice that they would be attracted to 2 ppl and not one? THATS RIGHT feelings can't be controled.
there was no choice, only the one of entering a relationship.

say gay man is atracted to another man, and they also fall in love and w/e he didn't make a choice to be attracted to the guy, only to be in the relationship.
-What makes loving any different if there are more than 2 ppl?
-Lets say some one was born and loved 2 ppl is that his/her fault? if a gay is born gay is that their fault?

ppl can only be judged on their actions. if entering a relationship that doesn't hurt anybody is an action that both redcar and se7en (im assuming form your post that you are against polygamist unions) think shouldn't be a opsibility (legally) then what makes it anydiffernt than homoseual relationships?

I hope every body that hasn't done so will state their position clearly.
and please find a # for the percent of ppl that are homosexual that is earlier than the one past 1950 that is outdated, flawed, and biased (large prison sample). no recent one as said by wikipedia has been out of the range of abount 2-9 percent.

And no ur wrong the one you quote as 10% is
form wikipedia
Quote:
Probably the most widely cited findings of the Kinsey Reports regard the prevalence of different sexual orientations — especially to support a claim that 10% of the population are gay.
Quote:
The Kinsey Reports are two books on human sexual behavior, Sexual Behavior in the Human Male (ninteen fourty eight) and Sexual Behavior in the Human Female (1953), by Dr. Alfred C. Kinsey, Wardell Pomeroy and others. Kinsey was a zoologist at the Indiana University at Bloomington and the founder of the Institute for Sex Research.
The Kinsey reports are the most widley pointed at fact in and around homosexual debate, even thought he used much larger than realistic prison samples of ppl for his study and found that I quote

Quote:
11.6% of white males (ages 20-35) were given a rating of 3 (about equal heterosexual and homosexual experience/response) throughout their adult lives.
Quote:
Kinsey himself avoided and disapproved of using terms like homosexual or heterosexual to describe individuals, noting that sexuality is prone to change over time,
WOW he said it changes over time (which most gay advocates will adamently deny)

I have looked and not found any other credible study (I say credible because some have found up to 40% gay because they were in certian districts in sanfrancisco and obviously biased, as are polls that are only in whyoming)
finding numbers near 10% more like 2-8% for an average of 5%. (as said by wikipedia.

Even if 100% of peoplpe are doing somethign wrong it can still be wrong.
cmpcmp is offline   Reply With Quote