View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2004, 10:26 AM  
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Josh- it's a debate forum, not a forum to state an opinion with no facts

And about sacrifices, in the words of Paul: "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God- this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- his good, pleasing, and perfect will."

This is a contrast to the old days of animal sacrifices, showing that they don't apply any more. The important thing is to sacrifice yourself, sacrifice every part of you that is not of God.

This one seals the deal: "Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for ther sins once for all when he offered himself. For the law appoints as high priests men who are weak, but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever."

This clearly puts Jesus's death above Jewish law.

In the words of Jesus's apostle John: "My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense- Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the attoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world."

This extends Jesus's grace to anyone in the world who will take it.

There are more references, so don't tell me that the Bible doesn't say Jesus is above Jewish Law.

As always- None of my statements are evaluated by the FDA.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

(but your medical doctor will probably end up killing you )