Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2010, 01:22 AM  
Name: Michael
Default Re: Religion

Originally Posted by Death View Post
I'd agree, but you do realize that Jehovah's Witnesses actually believe that they are doing good by waking you up and trying to convert you?
Yes I know they think that they are doing good by doing this. But did you realize that the conquistadors thought that they were doing good when they went to Mexico and spread Christianity, the Catholics thought they were doing good when they were in the Thirty Years' War with the Protestants, and the Christians thought they were doing good when they went to Israel to "liberate" the holy land from the Muslims during the Crusades? I realize that these examples are far more drastic than people knocking on doors to spread religion. But it's the same basic concept, they are doing what they did because they thought it was good.

"We think we are so great in our protests...but we just become the bitter offspring of what we oppose. We become prisoners in our own cages. We begin to speak in badly constructed melodramatic prose!"
-Johnny the Homicidal Maniac

"When it all comes down to it, hands are hands, and touch is touch, and your body's going to react the way your body's going to react."
-Will Grayson, Will Grayson
Enternamehere is offline   Reply With Quote