View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2006, 02:03 AM  
cmpcmp
Member++

Default Re: same sex unions, perspective

Quote:
women fought to get the vote, now they are seen as equal to men, as it should be. black people fought to be treated the same as white people, now they are equal, as it should be.
You do make a good point, but there are some differneces between women, balcks, and gay unions.
One can't chose to be black, female, of gay, BUT one can chose to be in a homosexual relation ship, as one could be a polygamist. One can only be judged on their actions.

--To make a point out of my polygamy argument.
YOU oppose polygamy, but ont gay unions
DO you think that polygamists dont deserve to be treated equaly? lets say that some one was born and loved 2 ppl, which is beyond their controll, is that their fault?

my real point is that, if you oppose polygamists being "eaqual" in your eyes by not being able to be part of a union, what makes it wrong for some one to oppose gay unions?

I havent heard a really good reason why polygamists don't deserve unions but
gays do. If you yourself oppose polygamist unions for what ever reason you have, why can't some one oppose gay unions like you oppose polygamist unions?

So the question is why do you oppose polygamist equality? how can u expect support for YOUR equality if you can't support other in a similar struggle??

PS check your facts, 10% is more of a saying, but dont take my word for it according to WIKIPEDIA.
Quote:
Kinsey's methods have been criticized as flawed, particularly with regard to the randomness of his sample population, which included a large number of prison inmates.... However, the relative percentage of the population that reports a homosexual orientation varies with differing methodologies and selection criteria. Most of these statistical findings are in the range of 2.8 to 9% of males, and 1 to 5% of females for the United States
or http://www.newdirection.ca/a_10per.htm
Quote:
Nonetheless, the serious problems with Kinsey's work combined with these new studies give us clear reason to stop using the 10% figure.

In practical terms, whether the group to which someone belongs numbers 1%, 10%, or 100% of the total population, should not influence our treatment of that person. All persons deserve to be treated with respect and kindness, regardless of sexual orientation or anything else. At the same time, it is important to use data from current studies rather than from outdated and poorly constructed ones.
I hold true though, that even if 100% of ppl are doing something wrong it CAN still be wrong. BUT if there is something i hate its bad data, and i hate it more when it is shoved in my face on a daily basis to justify a point.

TO conclude plz tell me why polygamists aren't equal but gays are.
cmpcmp is offline   Reply With Quote