View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2010, 06:50 AM  
Death
Awesome Poster

Death's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by world_king View Post
i did not know that there were people who put both together! and i think that it is interesting that they do! and to deschain where is your proof that God or a higher being doesnt exist?
Surely people should prove something does exist first though? Otherwise, you could just say anything exists and you'd have to believe it. Like Russel's Teapot, for instance. I know I keep linking to this, but this a an important point.

Quote:
alot of people need to be able to see something to beleive it but some people dont need to see it or it doesnt need to add up for them! they just beleive!
And that is what I call disappointing, no offense meant. Humans are supposed to be naturally inquisitive; why would you want to "just" believe something if you can't see, hear, or tell that it exists in any way?

Quote:
and science still has yet to prove how the universe started even the big bang theory dosent know what started it all!
It's interesting that you say that about science, because it has more proof than religion, which doesn't have any. It's like I've said before (I believe this to be a somewhat well-known quote), science is proof without certainty; religion is certainty without proof. Think of it this way; how did God start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly-Dreamer-X View Post
I don't know about you, but I don't believe in Science. Yes, I don't believe in gravity, magnetism, particles called photons, thermodynamics, and everything in science.

You are, maybe, confused of what I have just said. Read this article CLICK ME, and that confusion will recede.
Not being funny, but that article looks like "pedanticness". A lot of people say that they believe in science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mego34567 View Post
It does actually. I think it's just stupid of people forcing religion on other people, no matter what religion.
I'd agree, but you do realise that Jehovah's Witnesses actually believe that they are doing good by waking you up and trying to convert you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mego34567 View Post
No, I don't think that they can. They are against military and militaristic things. They think chess is of a military nature.
That's just a stereotype though. There are most likely those that do play chess, even if some don't like to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote