Old July 25th, 2010, 09:21 PM  
deadpie
S̈́ea Wolf Levḯathaחי

deadpie's Forum Picture

Name: Damien Ark
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by world_king View Post
i beleive in the jehovah's witnesses teachings but i play chess! um i think i can answer one of your question with weird enough a buddhist story that i really like! how does a person know their relegion is right?

The disciples were absorbed in a discussion of Lao-tzu's dictum:
"Those who know, do not say;
Those who say, do not know."
...When the master entered,
they asked him what the words meant.
Said the master, "Which of you knows the fragrance of a rose?"
All of them indicated that they knew.
Then he said, "Put it into words."
All of them were silent.

i think that as long as you live your life to the best and it says in the bible God will judge you upon your heart not your actions you stand a chance of being resurected into his kingdom on earth!
and to those who beleive in god yet hate those who do not share the same beleif as u here is another buddhist saying that i like!

If you live the sacred and despise the ordinary,
you are still bobbing in the ocean of delusion.
Zen Master Lin-Chi

you know the buddhist are verry wise people!

Yes, just say random quotes by Buddhists and that will really win the debate for you.

Maybe if I quote a random part of the bible about human sacrifice I can sound like I'm saying something special too.

"As for you, son of man, prophesy: Thus says the Lord GOD against the Ammonites and their insults: A sword, a sword is drawn for slaughter, burnished to consume and to flash lightning, because you planned with false visions and lying divinations to lay it on the necks of depraved and wicked men whose day has come when their crimes are at an end. Return it to its sheath! In the place where you were created, in the land of your origin, I will judge you. I will pour out my indignation upon you, breathing my fiery wrath upon you, I will hand you over to ravaging men, artisans of destruction. You shall be fuel for the fire, your blood shall flow throughout the land. You shall not be remembered, for I, the LORD, have spoken." (Ezekiel 21:33-37 NAB)

Last edited by deadpie; July 25th, 2010 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Doubles.
deadpie is offline   Reply With Quote