View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2006, 03:01 AM  
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

Default Re: 2 states-same voice-No Gay Marriage

Ok here, I just want to ask some things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boognish
"A marrige is a union between a man and a woman" then you cant really read it as "A marrige is a union between a man and a man, a woman and a man, and a woman and a woman" thats sorta like reading "Dougnuts are round" as "Dougnuts are round and square and triangular".
Now, keep in mind please, that I don't want to start a full-blown argument or get anyone mad

I don't think that they'd mention dougnuts in the bible. Now, most dougnuts are usually round. That's why most people think a round dougnut instead of a square or triangle dougnut. Some are different shapes. But that has nothing to do with people who love each other.

I really don't want to offend you, so I'll say this in the nicest way possible
Why do you trust in the bible so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boognish
Now i am for gay unions. Gay people should be allowed to become an unionized couple in my mind. but marrige is between a man and a woman as defined by the churches, and if gay people want to be married the government cant stop them, but if the church stops you, tough luck buddy. but the government should allow gay unions. i have nothing against a gay union
Thank you, I'm glad we can have something But, what about those religious gays that want to get married under the sanctity of the bible? Should they have an opinion? There are gays who are Republicans aswell.
MoveAlong is offline   Reply With Quote