Thread: United Europe
View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2006, 09:09 PM  
LIsailer19
Member++

LIsailer19's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial-thrilla
heh now i kinda want them to become one...
because of what i said? i dont really know why you quoted me, if i changed your mind because of me being patriotic (and somewhat egotistical) to the US then sorry. i dont know why you quoted me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcar
because i am extremly patriotic to Ireland and love my country so much. the thoughts of it becoming a federal state just really sickens me. i want ireland to remain always a seperate country at all times, and never become a federal state.
just like you love Ireland, i love the United States. and while i'm not european and dont fully care what happens there, i do agree with you. Ireland, (and all the other EU nations), should keep their independence. thats one thing i dont like about north america, your either mexican, american, or canadian, there isnt much diversity. in europe however, there are tons of different types of cultures all over the continent. the united states is sort of what europe might be like, in terms of having all the states. it seems weird, france, italy, ireland, etc, would just be states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcar
if Europe were to unite fully it would become one the biggest economic powers on the planet, teh resources Europe have are vast. even at the mo, Europe is economically very powerful. the US dollar has been trading at about €1 = US$1.20, thereabouts for the last about three years, just showing how strong the euro. if Europe were to unite fully it would become economically more powerful.
right, and sorry if i sound like an egotistical, american jackass, but i REALLY dont want that to happen. american money would lose a lot of value if europe united.

Last edited by kolte; July 1st, 2006 at 01:07 PM.
LIsailer19 is offline   Reply With Quote