View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2010, 10:20 AM  
dbrkk's Forum Picture
Name: Derek
Default Re: Read this -> What is Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia

Originally Posted by georgiamay View Post
i dont think i have an eating disorder, but i count calories. i keep a mental log. i dont stop eating, or throw up after i've eaten, but if i eat something with a lot of calories, i feel so guilty. i've worked out that today i've already eaten 300 calories, and i dont want to eat more, but i know i will, because my parents always want a sit down meal at dinner, so i cant get out of that. i dont want an ED, and i dont think i'll develop one, but is it normal to count calories, and feel really guilty and fat if you eat more than a certain amount? :l
That sounds a lot like the very beginning of an ED. You're right, it isn't "technically" classified as anorexia or bulimia, but regardless, you should still address it before it becomes a bigger problem. It's actually better to identify it now rather than when you have a full-blown ED. Is there someone that you really trust that you can go talk to? I really think you should try and find help before you're stuck in the absolute HELL that is an ED.
dbrkk is offline   Reply With Quote