View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2010, 01:47 AM  
INFERNO
Awesome Poster

INFERNO's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanorchestra View Post
I guess I am agnostic, or Buddhist without the spritual concepts. I don't really know if there is or isn't a higher power, therefor I will not claim that I know that there is one. I find all religions ignorant, because there is no proof at all. Whether you believe in the Big Bang theory, that does not explain where the stars/ planets/ whatever came from for this to happen. Evolution does not explain the origion of the universe.
Evolution in no way is meant to explain the origin of the universe. It assumes the universe began through some way and that the planets, starts and other astronomical features were made somehow. It only begins either at chemical evolution or biological evolution.

The Big Bang Theory works with scientific explanations for the formation of starts, planets and such. It does not directly explain it but it does explain how the components or resources got there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanorchestra View Post
I think that if you have a sincere belief in something (religiously), it is true. If one sincerely believes that they will stay in the ground and rot after death, and their soul with die with them, then that will happen. If one believes their soul will go to the Christian Heaven, then that will happen.
Just to understand you, you believe that just through immense rehearsal of one's beliefs, their beliefs will be manifested in reality? Do you extend this rationality to events that occur within our lives? The best example would be of the sci-fi novel and movie, The Sphere, where the researchers enter "the sphere" and discover through events that their thoughts are being physically manifested.

"That is my ambition, to have killed more people, more helpless people, than any man or woman who has ever lived." - Jane Toppan

"There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's just a son of a bitch getting there" - Sully Erna of Godsmack
INFERNO is offline   Reply With Quote