Old April 21st, 2010, 04:51 PM  
Apparitions
Nice Poster

Apparitions's Forum Picture

Name: Dan
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorofthesea View Post
First of all, I'm a pagan. You know why I believe in religion?
Its fun. I acknowledge that religion is a self indulgent thing. I know that there is a possibility that none of my gods exist, and that I am delusional. My view: Who cares?
I believe things because these things make me happy, make my life less mundane, and it's like a hobby. I don't understand why people feel the need to know the truth all the time, when lies can be so much more fun. It might be seen as delusional, but those who pretend that they can prove anything with no proof are delusional. Religious folk and atheist alike, tend to attempt an impose their personal reality unto others, which is quite frankly ridiculous.

Life is too subjective, too undefined to apply laws that are absolute truth, because theres is no such thing as truth. The end. <3
Stop generalising atheists. Some are private about their views on religion and some (like me ) are more vocal. Think of it this way, your friend who has been atheist for a few years but doesn't talk about it is different from Christopher Hitchens for example (Hitchens is an inspiration to me, he is one of the most eloquent speakers I've ever seen, and is very intelligent. Don't EVER debate anything with him, he will make you look like a fool.). I respect your beliefs but religion is fun for you? Explain?!

Apparitions is offline   Reply With Quote