View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2006, 05:45 PM  
Wizard of R'lyeh

Wizard of R'lyeh's Forum Picture

Default Story Concept I'm thinking about working on

While at my joyless, soul-numbing job today, I wrote this little bit in a desperate attepmt to stave off boredom. Looking back on it, I realize now that it actually might make a good story, and thus I am setting out to transform the little boredom ward into a strange tale of Mages, Demons, Aliens, and doughnuts. Other than it's not going to take itself seriously, I'm not sure where I'm going with the story, but here's what I originally wrote:

"Have you ever had one of those days where you wake up an as ordinary guy just trying to figure out just what the hell you’re gonna do with your life when you get ran over by some drunken dumb asses who, ironically, were going to protest drunken driving and instead of going to Heaven or Hell, you get drawn into the schemes of a demented (and ridiculously powerful) douche-bag alien demi-god from a twisted realm of reality who saw it necessary to shove your freshly departed soul into the body of a cute girl for some vague reason about the fate of the world (and doughnuts) and because you existed outside of the Wheel of Fate (whatever the hell that means!) in addition to giving you the power to command True Magic for even more vague reasons; all of which ultimately leads up to you having to fight off a sizable gang of intelligent zombies who attacked you out of rage because your idiot friend didn’t realize they were sentient and as such, be able to tell that he was saying some VERY mean things about them? If you answered “Yes” then you have either:

a.) totally lost your grip on reality and should seek immediate medical attention

b.) gotten yourself involved in a very unusual game of D&D

or

c.) somehow have had the supreme misfortune of falling into a situation like mine, in which case you have my sympathies friend, because this really SUCKS!!!"

Thoughts? Comments? Ideas? Insults? Gophers?

Quote:
"There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt."

Last edited by Wizard of R'lyeh; May 24th, 2006 at 06:56 PM. Reason: The Gnomes! The Gnomes!!!!!
Wizard of R'lyeh is offline   Reply With Quote