View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2006, 11:32 AM  
I am: I am
kolte's Forum Picture
Name: Matt
Default Re: Junk-Food Jihad -- Should we regulate French fries like cigarettes?

Originally Posted by /[{Alex}]\
i agree, BillyWitchDoctor, i think that we should should ban ciggerettes, as nothing good comes from them

about fast food, as being canadian(canadians are really fat but not as fat as the US) i eat fast food several times a week. i am not fat. yes, i am sure that when ever you go into a fast food resturant or food court, you see morboly obese people who are eating 3 combos of something in one sitting, and you think to yourself "Why?"

people have been making french fries and hamburgers and most other fast food items for years. it has only begun to begin to be bad because there are so many chemical additives that they add for flavour.

for example- the mcdonalds choclate milk shake(REALLY GOOD SHIT) has something like 40-50 ingreadents in them, none of them being real chocolate

not only are these ingredients tasty, but they are addictive

the goverments of the world know all of the chemicals that are going into the food, and they know its really bad-------why not stop it?

money-everything is based on money[how much more money will we make if we do this instead of this] rather thinking[which decision will benifit the people the most]

you cannot point fingers and certain goverments and companys, because they are all doing it, and they know it and they are millionares because of it

having that said, i think that the food should be alot more inforced, as in what they put in the food

i love fast food, its convient cheap and really tasty. that makes it even harder to not eat it
the more the government inforces in our economy, the more we drift from democrocy.
the government shouldnt be able to regulate every aspect of our being.
if the american people feel that these products are bad and should not be eaten.
then they have every right in the world not to eat them.
they are adults for the most part, and there for are quite capable of choice in the matter.
if you don't think its good or healthy.
then you don't eat it.
if you do, then its your fault for the effects that may surface.
such as obesity or malnurishment.

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
kolte is offline   Reply With Quote