Old May 14th, 2006, 11:40 AM  
Kiros
Retired Administrator

Kiros's Forum Picture

Name: Ben
Default Re: Internet Explorer help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasabian
Avant probably won't help that much. It's basically the same as IE only faster and with a better popup blocker. Get Firefox (Safer, Faser, Better (and yes, I've read the Friefox myths)) as well as AdAware. Sounds like a case of spyware to me!
Oh Feeelix, if you read FireFox Myths, then you should know that it's no safer, actually slower, and junkier than even Internet Explorer 6

Anyway, I think it might have something to do with an executable running. Download and run Ad-Aware (go to Computer Problems sticky for the how-to), update it before scanning, and delete/fix anything that it finds! Because it scans for certain processes it might shut it down so you can delete anything that it finds. After everything is gone, try doing as already said and delete your history, cookies, and temporary internet files. Also, check your favorites for any bad links!

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I feel that your browser has been hijacked. If so, go back to the sticky in this forum and download, update, and scan with Spybot S&D. Then read about the advanced options, and enable the advanced options. Go to the BHO and ActiveX sections and look for a blacklisted item (shown in red). If you find one, remove it. Anyone that has random letters (and/or numbers) and is not shown in green, remove or toggle off.

Oh, and you could take care of the root of the problem and stop going to any of those sites

Kiros || Ben

Happiness is not about being perfect.
It is about seeing beyond the imperfections.
Kiros is offline   Reply With Quote