Old March 11th, 2010, 07:12 PM  
Marcie
Awesome Poster

Marcie's Forum Picture

Name: Benjamin
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
Evolution has nothing to do with the origin of life. To me, on Earth at least, it started out from "chemical evolution". That is not a freak accident because there are chemical interactions occurring. How those got on Earth, or rather how the universe began is a whole other can of worms that I really don't know a whole lot about.
Ahh, well even with chemical reactions, how could that create something as complicated as the human eye. And how could it make everything work together to replenish resources? That seem like an awful lot of cooperation between reactions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
The beauty of the passage, John 14:21 that you're mentioning is that it doesn't matter if one is a believer or not, it implies god exists regardless. It says god is present, if you can detect him or not is another story but he exists anyway. However, I can return to the psychological argument I posed in that as you stated yourself, you cannot rule that argument out and so I can apply that to your biblical quote by saying if you believe hard enough in something, you'll eventually think it's there even if it isn't. In other words, placebo effect. This brings us back to where we started before when I initially stated my psychological argument so by posting your biblical quote, it's done nothing.
I believe that any information presented for this issue would lead to a circulatory argument..

I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all
Even if saving you sends me to heaven

"The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost."

A friend is one who knows you, but loves you anyway.
Marcie is offline   Reply With Quote