Old March 10th, 2010, 03:44 PM  
Marcie
Awesome Poster

Marcie's Forum Picture

Name: Benjamin
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
It's certainly quite possible things could gradually change over time. Take an example of the human heart, it has 2 atria and 2 ventricles. In other organisms, such as within Crocodilia, there is "incomplete separation" because of their unique abilities within water. If we look at other organisms still, such as salamanders, the atria are not separated but ventricles are. Still in others, neither are separated and if we look at even more, there are none of these yet circulation of blood and gases still occurs. These are all found in modern, living organisms. So saying everything came about by a freak accident is a bit ridiculous but it's perfectly plausible for things to have gradually changed in a way that was as beneficial as possible, as well as within reason.
Yes, I do think that 'things,' for lack of a better word, could have slowly 'evolved' over time. However, how did they start? You agreed that a freak accident wasn't very plausible, how do you think life started? Or do you believe life has always been?

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
I apparently do not so is it possible that it's psychological in that you believe in him being there so much so that you perceive him to be there without having any of your sensory systems activated? This occurs to humans in many instances so it's not something I'm just conjuring up now.
That certainly would be a possibility, and I have no way to rule it out, for we can not venture into each other's mind...
What I can say is this:
God said in John 14:21,
Quote:
Originally Posted by God- The Bible
"Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."
hehe it worked (The quoting God thing)

Is that passage Jesus tells us that, once we believe in Him, he will reveal His presence to us. Therefore, those of us who are Christians would be able to sense Him around us more easily, while those who aren't would have a much more difficult time feeling Him.

I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all
Even if saving you sends me to heaven

"The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost."

A friend is one who knows you, but loves you anyway.

Last edited by Marcie; March 10th, 2010 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Adding the quote from God
Marcie is offline   Reply With Quote