Awesome Poster

Death's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josha View Post
christainanty
You should really learn how to spell your religion.
QFT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcie View Post
Death,
Do you have a response to my earlier post? (post #1287)
Seeing that you've asked...

Quote:
Not quite what I meant... I meant more of his presence can be felt in everything, after all he did create it all. I think he is a being of some sort, though I don't think he is restricted to residing in only one form of existence. Meaning he could appear as anything he wanted to. Like he did to Moses, he appeared as a burning bush.
If you interpret the bible literally, than yes he would have done. But one thing that I'd like to ask is what do you mean when you say that you can feel his presense? What can you feel which isn't being felt by your senses responding to physical stimuli in your surroundungs?

Quote:
It's easy to Love when all is perfect around you. It's much more difficult to Love when you face challenges, the likes of which you will not ever face in Heaven. Also, there's the whole thing in the beginning with Adam and Eve.. Before that we did basically start out in Heaven.
What you say about loving is correct, but that still doesn't refute the fact that God need not test us at all.

Quote:
While that may be true, if you omitted those things, then you wouldn't be able to see the changes that transpired after Jesus' coming as well as you could with those sections in the OT.
Why need you see the changes so much? There probably will be a change to some degree anyway. Personally, I think that the bible would be better off without said passages because there would be less to critisize it for; less things which will offend anyone with morals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote