Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2010, 04:28 PM  
Death
Awesome Poster
 
Death's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: May 2, 2009
Location: Britain
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer - X View Post
Sarcasm to the maximum of the levels.
There was sarcasm from both of us, so we should really drop this now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer - X View Post
Actually, what we call them the 3rd sex is not condemned. But yes, homosexual got killed, the people of Sodom; they disobeyed. The story of the flood is another whole story, get your resources right and don't intertwine the stories there now.
They both paint God in a bad light. So please don't tell me to 'get it right' when I meant to use both sources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer - X View Post
I don't get you. Simple as that.
It's really quite simple. We are in a debate, and so we are debating. This involves refutal and contradictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer - X View Post
God is not caring and loving and just, no one else but him that forgives and the most merciful. Yes, I am sure you are saying, he is not real and blah blah blah.
Do you have a problem with my atheism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer - X View Post
What else? If he is not real, there is no God. What else? What's beyond the God? What's beyond the unreal?
If by that you mean what's beyond the universe, then to our knowledge, we know of nothing beyond it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer - X View Post
If there aren't God, religion would've never even made.
That makes no sense. God didn't make religion; we did because we believed that he exists. No-one 'knows' that God exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer - X View Post
There are reason for the cause for everything.
Then that would stretch to God. What's the cause of God? If God doesn't require one, why does the universe or the matter from which it's created need one? That argument works both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer - X View Post
But in this way, aren't you denying Jesus? What's your point of view on Jesus, hm?
Actually, I think Jesus of the new testament was portrayed as a good man; a complete opposite of the God of the old testament (due to some of the things he's said or done). But as for Jesus, I think he was definetely better and forgiving.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcie View Post
I do know exactly what I believe, I just don't really know what kind of being he is. Actually, I'm pretty sure he's everything lol
So when I'm on the toilet, I'm shitting on God (no offense meant)? God is not a person or being?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcie View Post
Maybe it's more of a earning out way into Heaven kind of thing.. He wants us to show that we love him and are willing to do anything for him, before he lets us live forever with him in Heaven. For those who don't Love him, they don't get to live with him, they get to live with the Devil..
Does that not seem harsh of God? Harsh to condemn people to torture simply for not following him? I'm sorry, but if I were God, I would want everyone to be happy and so I would just let everyone be in Heaven where there would be no need to test people because there would be no wrong-doing. People could show their love to me there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcie View Post
If they omitted the old testament so many great teachings, poems, and songs would be lost. Like the Ten Commandments, and Psalms. Not to mention it tells of the very beginning and how that happened.
True, but it could still have done with some edits, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcie View Post
It does have truth and worth.
There will probably be some truth, yes, but that doesn't refute that fact that it still has a lot of scriptures which I am quite simply shocked by - unlike the new testament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.

Last edited by Death; March 4th, 2010 at 04:33 PM.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote