View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2010, 11:41 AM  
Death
Awesome Poster

Death's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcie View Post
The definition of faith is, as Dictionary.com states; Faith is, "belief that is not based on proof."
If I knew what he was and saw him it would no longer be faith, right?
Indeed, but you could still believe that you know what he is. You don't have to, but personally, I'd want to know exactly what I believe. it doesn't really matter though.

Quote:
I think he is testing us.. There isn't any wrong doing in heaven.
But that's the thing. If there's no wrong in Heaven, we don't need to be tested, because we will only be doing good in Heaven, since there is no wrong, right?

Quote:
However, if you look at that passage in context, you will find that it is speaking of the "end times" as in right before Jesus come back and all.

You must note that this was said before Jesus came, since then a god amount of things changed. After that it is said no where that all homosexuals should be killed.
True enough, but the bible still says it, nonetheless. What they should have done is removed the old testament from the bible when the new one came. The fact that it still remains shows that Christians (even if only a handful) believed that it had truth and worth (which moral logic contradicts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote