Old March 2nd, 2010, 04:19 PM  
Marcie
Awesome Poster

Marcie's Forum Picture

Name: Benjamin
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
You still have faith in something that you don't know what it is. I'm sorry, but that does sound slightly odd. But if you knew what he was, it wouldn't.
The definition of faith is, as Dictionary.com states; Faith is, "belief that is not based on proof."
If I knew what he was and saw him it would no longer be faith, right?

Quote:
And we can't do that in Heaven? It's almost as if he's testing us. But why? Surely there's no wrong-doing or suffering in Heaven? Maybe Heaven doesn't even exist?
I think he is testing us.. There isn't any wrong doing in heaven.

Quote:
Many quotes from the old testament support this. For instance:

'If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, 'You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.' Zechariah 13:3 - Basically, 'false' (non-believing) prophets must die.
However, if you look at that passage in context, you will find that it is speaking of the "end times" as in right before Jesus come back and all.

Quote:
'If a man lies with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, they have both commited an abomination; they shall surely be put to death: their blood shall be upon them' Levitcus 20:13 - Basically, kill all homosexuals.
You must note that this was said before Jesus came, since then a god amount of things changed. After that it is said no where that all homosexuals should be killed.

I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all
Even if saving you sends me to heaven

"The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost."

A friend is one who knows you, but loves you anyway.
Marcie is offline   Reply With Quote