Old March 1st, 2010, 07:40 PM  
Perseus
Legendary Member

Perseus's Forum Picture

Name: Jake
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
You still have faith in something that you don't know what it is. I'm sorry, but that does sound slightly odd. But if you knew what he was, it wouldn't.

And we can't do that in Heaven? It's almost as if he's testing us. But why? Surely there's no wrong-doing or suffering in Heaven? Maybe Heaven doesn't even exist?

Many quotes from the old testament support this. For instance:

'If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, 'You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.' Zechariah 13:3 - Basically, 'false' (non-believing) prophets must die.

'If a man lies with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, they have both commited an abomination; they shall surely be put to death: their blood shall be upon them' Levitus 20:13 - Basically, kill all homosexuals.

There are many others, but I can't go including them all here.
What I don't understand is why you think God is some super duper, lovey kinda guy who sees the best in people. Man was created with sin, so people will deviate from believeing in God and so forth. If I was God, I wouldn't be all nice and forgiving, to be honest. But what I'm trying to say is you think he's supposed to be super nice and whatnot, which is not the truth.

And since I've realized something since I'm not a nazi Christian like most Christians are, I've actually analyzed a certain verse. I remember you saying that you prayed to God and you wanted him to do something for you or something. And you were like, "if he doesn't answer me, he doesn't exist, right?" God doesn't intervene with this world. And that's fine if you don't want to believe in him, because you have all the proof and will to do so.
Perseus is offline   Reply With Quote