View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2010, 05:31 PM  
Death
Awesome Poster

Death's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcie View Post
I can believe in it through faith, and some things I have seen with my own eyes, which (not to sound cleché) indicate a being of a higher power looking over us.
You still have faith in something that you don't know what it is. I'm sorry, but that does sound slightly odd. But if you knew what he was, it wouldn't.

Quote:
To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. The way I figure it, I think he wants to give us a chance for us to show our Love for him..
And we can't do that in Heaven? It's almost as if he's testing us. But why? Surely there's no wrong-doing or suffering in Heaven? Maybe Heaven doesn't even exist?

Quote:
Upon what do you base the statement that Christianity is "one of the most bigoted religions?"
Many quotes from the old testament support this. For instance:

'If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, 'You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.' Zechariah 13:3 - Basically, 'false' (non-believing) prophets must die.

'If a man lies with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, they have both commited an abomination; they shall surely be put to death: their blood shall be upon them' Levitus 20:13 - Basically, kill all homosexuals.

There are many others, but I can't go including them all here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote