View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2006, 03:23 AM  
Legendary Member
Default Re: Brokeback Mountain

Yeah, I know...The survey has to be upgraded a little. If anyone has any ideas, I'm right here! This survey is for anyone who has even heard of Brokeback Mountain. So if you haven't filled anything out--go ahead!

Here's my completed survey:
1-What do you think Brokeback Mountain is about? It's about two cowboys who find love on a mountain and have an affair that lasts 20 years but every moment feels like infinity...

2-Have you seen it? 7 times

3-Want to see it? N/A

4-What have you heard about it from other people or reviews? Most everybody who has actually seen it have given it very good reviews but others who have criticized it (who are usually homophobic Christians) haven't even seen it but have rated it very badly, as seen at this link:

5-Have any questions about it? No, but I can answer ANY questions weather you've seen it or not.

6-If you have seen it, what do you think about it? I think that this was a very good movie. The Green Mile was a spectacular movie, but it was closer the fictional side. Brokeback was so real, like it happened.

7-Comments? None at the moment

To answer Potterfile1991's question:
Why do the critics who loved it love the relationship between Jake G.'s character and Heath L's character?

A: They loved the relationship because it made the movie. When I grow up my wildest dream is to have someone that I love this much. They literally couldn't live without eachother.
You need to be relaxed for this next part. Take a deep breath and let it out slowly and keep breathing while you read this next part. Let your mind sink into it:

You're on a mountain, in Wyoming under the stars. You're sitting on a rock by a glowing campfire. It's chilly tonight, and you get closer and closer to the burning embers. You're wearing a cowboy hat and jeans with an beat-up old shirt and Jean jacket, cuddled with a light blanket. Your right side is warm and cozy, while your left side is exposed to the cold night. Shivering, you look around. You see assorted trees that are dark green and on the ground a bluish-glow from the moon over head. There is no civilization for miles in all directions. All you hear is the light wind, crackling of the fire and crickets chirping. The trees are laid out in a way to where your camp has a movie screen-like view over the sheep you're herding, sound asleep. You smell only the dew of the plants around you. You're stomach is satisfied after eating some meat of that antelope you killed earlier. You put your hands behind you and brace yourself on the rock while you tip back your head and take a deep, calm breath. You lift your head and are not startled by the sound of a horse coming towards you. You hear the horse stop and the leaves rustle a bit. You peek over your shoulder and see a man, handsome, with a cowboy hat and a old shirt, in jeans with a jacket. He walks with a slow pace towards the fire. He sits down on a similar rock and gazes at the fire. You look at him, and admire. You relax your hands between your legs and gaze at the campfire with him. You see him out of the corner of your eye looking at you but keep your relaxed look at the campfire. He lands his hand on your back and starts to rub in a circular motion. You look at him once more and see in his eyes that he is as relaxed as you are, and a smile that is so cool. He scoots onto your rock, keeping his hand on your back. He leans on you with hats touching. You look at the sheep and then slowly guide your heads to the beautiful night sky. Only 2 minutes passed.

This is similar to what happened in the movie. Seeing this bond happen for the first 1/4 of the movie (the whole time spent on the mountain) is truly stunning. This is what they love about the relationship. The intensity. The reality. The love.

Last edited by MoveAlong; May 3rd, 2006 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Dead Link