View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2006, 10:19 AM  
Aηdy
Banned

Aηdy's Forum Picture

Name: Andy
Exclamation Computer troubles..

Ok, heres the story. i got a computer off one of the family that was totally broken and wouldnt do anything. its about a year old. 3.06GHz Intel Celeron D, 512MB RAM ect.. any way yesturday i stuck a spare hard-drive in it and installed xp, and huzzah! it worked, but the person i got it off has already ordered a new pc mening that i can use her old one here! So, i took the hard-drive out of my computer and put it in the new one and it shows the POST page then goes on to the next page saying lots of stuff with the options like: Last Known good confiugration, start windows normally, start wimdows in safe mode ect.. i have treid all those options and they all cause the computer to restart.. and i dont want to wipe the hard-drive because i have activated the copy of windows i have got too many times and also i cant back anything much up right now. so unless i can find the cd key for my copy of professional i cant put that on. but i was just wondering why it keeps on restarting on startup? im using the computer i want to put the hardrive in now but with a 1.01Gb hard-drive in it.. but help would be much appreciated

... hope that made sence

Last edited by Aηdy; April 22nd, 2006 at 10:23 AM.
Aηdy is offline   Reply With Quote