View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2006, 04:00 PM  
Retro Tin Canz

Retro Tin Canz's Forum Picture

With a plop of my limbs, the guard dropped me into the cell. Within 5 seconds, all of us were back in the room we had started in. The door creaked shut and we were bathed in darkness. There was some light, but my eyes hadn’t adjusted to it yet. Weakly, I tried to stand on my own. My arms feebly shook beneath me, before giving out and causing me to do a face-plant on the stone floor. I felt so useless! I wanted to cry, but I wouldn’t—not in front of everyone. I would stay strong.
Before I could try and get up again, Ham came over and without a word, chivalrously picked me up and carried me to the corner. At first, I realized, oh, ok, super strength…got ya. But then I remembered none of us had our powers. That kinda said something there.
“Thanks,” I said, blushing. Giggles came running over to me and plopped herself in my lap.
“Are you ok, Ro?” she asked, her face wet with tears. It broke my heart to know that the littlest of the Dumaniz like this, knowing what she had just watched.
“Yeah, Giggles, I’m fine,” I said, choking out a smile. She burst into tears and buried her head into my chest. I hugged her tightly before she let go.
“C’mon, Giggles, we have to be strong through all this. Shamus, Iris and Fin are still out there, they’ll get here,” Uma said, sitting next to me. Giggles crawled into her lap next, as Shyam and Butch made their way over.
“I wanna kill Rip. I can’t believe it…” Butch said.
“We trusted him! How could he just sell us out like that?! Does he even have a heart?” Shyam asked. No one answered. I glanced to Ham. He was studying something on the floor with an impassive face, but his hands were tightly clenched into fists, his knuckles white.
“Guys, it’s been a long day. How ‘bout we all hit the hay. Sleep will do us some good, and it is dark enough,” I said. They nodded and curled up on different sides of the room. They were so tired, they were all asleep within 5 minutes. Except Ham and I. Neither of us had moved since he had carried me over and we were close enough to whisper without waking anyone.
“Ham, none of this is your fault. You know that,” I said, placing a hand on his shoulder. He took a deep, shuddering breath.
“Ro, if I could do anything, if I could take the pain away, I would,” he said softly. I blushed again, but it was too dark for him to see, “If I had known…I would’ve never let you join. Not knowing you at all is better than seeing you in…in that much pain.”
I knew what he was saying, but I couldn’t comprehend it. I had never been good with that kinda thing. If this had been a movie, and I was watching on TV, I would’ve screamed out, “SAP FEST” like I always do when I watch ‘Family’ Movies. But this…this was real life. I was flattered, to say the least.
“What’s going to happen now?” I asked softly.
“I don’t know. We can’t get out without using our powers, and unless we get these chips off, that’s not going to happen.”
Our only chance was Shamus and Iris. For once, my life rested in the hands of my least favorite person…let’s hope he wouldn’t screw up.

"Sing when the only microphone is your hairbrush...
Dance when the only audience is your mirror...
And act whenever you feel like it."
~Catherine Olivia

I have now realized that I could care less about what other people think of me, and thusforth, I am becoming an //individual// again.

Check out my blog!-- www.thegreatflames.blogspot.com
Retro Tin Canz is offline   Reply With Quote