View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2006, 10:18 PM  
advent_child
Member+

advent_child's Forum Picture

well where to start... several large corporations forbid their employees from saying "merry christmas." We arent allowed to pray in school, even though my particular parish does not follow that guideline, at risk from lawsuit from the American Civil Liberties Union, which sued my neighboring parish over prayer in school, and lost. there is a movement to ban manger scenes in public places at christmas time. A teacher in Pennsylvania was suspended because she wore a cross to school, a city employee was required to take down her easter bunny decorations... but this is kind of off topic from the thread ryan, but i do believe you brought up a good point: there are many denominations of christianity. The basic principal is that there is a god, and a son. that is it, if you accept the son, you will be rewarded. I know not all christians believe this, I know one person who accused me of blasphemy becasue I made fun of Christian music. I love most of it, especially the peices chosen for worship but thank God I dont have to accept all forms of worship. Imagine a clean version of MY HUMP with think christian undertones...

"My god, my god my god my god, my lovely heavenly mod!...what cha gonna do with all that scripture, all that scripture inside the good book?.... ima ima ima gonna save your soul save your soul with all this holy gold...en...scripture."

doesnt sound that good...of course i just made that up...not many christ associated words rhyme well with eachother.

The term "utopia" is combined from two Greek words — "no" (ou) and "place/land" (topos), thus meaning "nowhere" or more literally, "no-place/no-land."

(...)God(...)I(...)love(...)ellipses(...)

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...revolt/SGE.jpg