View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2006, 08:31 PM  
kolte
I am: I am

kolte's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiros72
Kolte, as a matter of fact, stating that someone isn't open-minded enough is actually judging someone. So yes, but you have to realize something... Everything we do or say is probably a judgement: yes or no, right or wrong, good or bad, moral or not. And Kolte, I have been on the other side before - one time I lost faith completely. I have grown from that though and have become a new person. I don't fight with my brother (or other family and friends) anymore, I have plenty of friends, and my view of the world is far different than it used to be. So basically, I was the exact opposite than what you said. I was born into Catholicism, didn't like it, and at the age of 10 turned away from it, along with any form of Christianity. From that time until a couple years later was a real hard time. But I had a revelation and I surrendered it all to God and I have never been better. I never want to go back because I know just how bad it was. So yes, I have been there like others have, so I am very open-minded on this subject.
Your right, and you know what, I'm glad you have found something that makes you happy. Thats all that really matters, is that the person doing it is happy. Had you grown up without deciding for yourself what to do, I would argue differently, however, since you made this decision after seeing both ends of the story, then all I ask is to constantly question what people say, because the only thing that is truly right, is what you believe. I I really thought there was a god, i would try to help as many people see the light as possible, but since I follow this different path, I see it as my duty to help these trapped individuals who have not made there own choices, to question there lives, and find there own path. As you know, I support the teaching of ID in schools. Not because I believe it, but because people have the right and the responsibility to view both ends of the story and reach a comprimise. Don't you agree?

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
kolte is offline   Reply With Quote