View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2006, 12:25 PM  
kolte
I am: I am

kolte's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiros72
And as child pointed out, open-mindedness is not just a "yes or no" thing. Some are more open-minded than others. Also, when I said that they weren't open-minded enough I wasn't in any instance saying anyone was narrow-minded - they just aren't as open-minded as others.
Well now Kiros though I respect your argument, I'm going to have to point out the error of your ways to teach you a small lesson. You implying that people who believe in evolution are not "open-minded enough" is judgmental. Weather or not you realized it. I for one, have studied the Christian faith quite a bit, as well as the Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, New Age, Hindu, and other Eastern Philosophies, yet I am a supporter of Evolution and an opinionated speaker against organized religion, especially Christianity. Now I am very open to new Ideas. And I listen to peoples debates and arguments with a respectful ear and Let them finish before I argue my point, and in turn, I expect people to really think about what I have to say. It is true that many people who aren’t religious, refuse to hear what the religious community has to say. This is very true. But its also more true, that the majority of Atheist's were Christian or some other form of organized religion. If they have converted, it is because they no longer believe in God. But you can assure yourself of the probability that they had believed in God at one point in time. You might not be able to say the same thing. Have you ever been on there side? If not, then perhaps you are less open-minded about this then they, since they themselves have been on your side and know where your coming from.

I feel like I need to send everyone a copy of “the little brown book of philosophy” then everyone would know my opinions and I wouldn’t have to say anything.

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
kolte is offline   Reply With Quote