View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2006, 11:37 PM  
advent_child
Member+

advent_child's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiros72
No, evolution isn't a wonder. It's a fairy-tale to provide "comfort" to those who aren't open-minded enough to believe something could have actually created them and/or life itself. Also, there is no way to measure gravity and electromagnetism other than by the force they apply. Measuring the mass of the object the force is coming from is only measuring the object's mass, and not the magnitude that the force from which is being applied.

As for Catholicism, it's actually the only truly Christian religion (no offense to anyone). All other "Christian" religions are actually Protestant - which is selected beliefs of Catholicism and a few different ones. As being Protestant is still following most of the truths and some further truths of the book, it's completely accepted as Christian - as every Protestant is a Christian. I can't believe I learned that in American History though Eh, in other words, these Baptists who believe Catholics aren't Christians are completely wrong - maybe they are not Christians to begin with. Not my place to judge that though.

that is the full post, including the chunk you cut off to meet your argument. dont take anything out of context just to make someone look bad. open-mindedness implies respect of everything, all religions and all beliefs- basically everything. there are diffrent levels of open mindedness it is not a yes or no. and i dont think your gonna go to hell web beard, one text of the bible that was cut out stated that all would be forgiven of all sins and saved from the fires of hell, or you might just go to the land filled with little pixies that eat nothing but spaghetti and like to play magic and dungeons and dragons, and have byoc lan parties. they would like a society where no man can rent a mule on saturday night, drive to capitol hill and rob the parish bank in the biggest car in the county.

The term "utopia" is combined from two Greek words — "no" (ou) and "place/land" (topos), thus meaning "nowhere" or more literally, "no-place/no-land."

(...)God(...)I(...)love(...)ellipses(...)

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...revolt/SGE.jpg
advent_child is offline   Reply With Quote