View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2006, 11:19 PM  
advent_child
Member+

advent_child's Forum Picture

umm marx identified religion as a weakness and an enemy to the proletariat because he felt that the workers suffered because their loyalty should be to each other, not a higher being. Stalin banned the Russian Orthodox Church and persecuted nuns and monks. He allowed it to return in WWII only as a patriotic organization, only to have it once again under attack under Kruschev's rule. Had he been catholic, he would have embraced the catholic church, not banned all religion. The Catholic church was outlawed untill 1989... and there is no such thing as orthodox catholic. Maybe u meant russian orthodox or greek orthodox? and that synopsis of scientology was totally wrong...i mean it is laughable. in scientology no one is asked to accept anything as a belief. Only what one observes to be true is true. the aim of scientology is a society without insanity (god i wish i could achieve mental health), criminals or war. (its impossible to create a utopia.)

The term "utopia" is combined from two Greek words — "no" (ou) and "place/land" (topos), thus meaning "nowhere" or more literally, "no-place/no-land."

(...)God(...)I(...)love(...)ellipses(...)

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...revolt/SGE.jpg
advent_child is offline   Reply With Quote