View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2006, 07:24 PM  
Retro Tin Canz

Retro Tin Canz's Forum Picture

I'll post this one, since Potterfile won't be on for a while...

A half an hour later, the Dumaniz spread out around a rather large area and prepared for training. I found my self on the roof of a very, very, very tall building, looking over the edge.
“Can’t I just take off from the ground?” I asked, apprehension creeping into my voice.
“This’ll be more effective,” Ham said, staring over the horizon placidly. Once we had climbed to the top of the building, he had given himself wings. They were a couple feet longer than mine, since he was heavier than I was. His wings were also a darker shade than mine, yet every bit as beautiful.
“If you say so,” I replied, taking a deep breath.
“C’mon, just jump off…you’ve done it before,” he said softly. I turned and saw he was smiling. With no warning, I unfurled my wings and stepped off the side of the building. And trust me, that’s NOT something I say everyday, but now, I wish it was.
I don’t know how many of you have wings, and can fly, but if you can, you know what I’m talking about. If you don’t, then you will never know. The feeling is so indescribable…it can only be described as flying. Being unrestrained…your body as free as your mind. Think about it. Before this, I had always gotten a bit dizzy when it came to heights, but this…this was amazing. And the best part was, I knew what to do. It was as though when the lightning storm gave me this power, it had also implanted knowledge in my head. I knew how to look for updrafts, how to maneuver myself, how to land, to soar, to dive, to bank, to fly!!
Ham soared up next to me, sharing my ecstasy. I was sure nothing could be better than this…but things got a whole lot worse.
“What’s that?” I asked, pointing down. 20 or 30 people, all dressed in a sharp, gray uniform came bursting into the training area outside, and began making their way towards the headquarters. The smile dropped off his face.
“He need to land. Now,” he said, urgency dripping off his voice. His movements were jerkier than mine, and not as smooth as his normal state.
“Why? What’s going on?” It was starting to scare me, especially since the men each had guns. At first, I thought we were safe, up in the air, where no one could see us. But one of the men looked up, pointed and yelled something. Without warning, the rest of their men raised their guns, aiming at—you guessed it—us, and fired with 20 or 30 loud, almost simultaneous bangs.

"Sing when the only microphone is your hairbrush...
Dance when the only audience is your mirror...
And act whenever you feel like it."
~Catherine Olivia

I have now realized that I could care less about what other people think of me, and thusforth, I am becoming an //individual// again.

Check out my blog!-- www.thegreatflames.blogspot.com
Retro Tin Canz is offline   Reply With Quote