View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2006, 04:18 PM  
kolte
I am: I am

kolte's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiros72
When people run out of things to say they bring up Hitler? Is Hitler an ice-breaker or something? And is that a proven fact? Hitler killed millions of people and you say to not use him as an example. Well he is. He's a perfect example of your scientists' morality. Just because someone has a little intelligence does not mean they have a shred of morality. Remember that. Don't ever try using scientists as to show morality. That was a mistake on your part that I hope you've learned from.

And as Kolte has brought to mind, people have different aspects of morality, although I'm positive there is a balanced standard - although that might be a loose standard.
The most balanced moral code in the world is that of democrocy. Each democratic nation, has relitivly the same laws of the land. Laws of the land are based on the morals of modern society. If we were to base our morality on the Laws of the land in the united states, it could be said that more religious people go to jail for breaking the laws of the land and thus they are less moral then non religious people who do not go to jail as often. Of course these stitistics do not paint a proper picture of the stiuation, because the majority of the united states claims to be religious, therefor we would have to do this based on percentage, and a study of this kind has not yet been conducted.

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
kolte is offline   Reply With Quote