View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2006, 09:44 PM  
kolte
I am: I am

kolte's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiros72
No, evolution isn't a wonder. It's a fairy-tale to provide "comfort" to those who aren't open-minded enough to believe something could have actually created them and/or life itself. Also, there is no way to measure gravity and electromagnetism other than by the force they apply. Measuring the mass of the object the force is coming from is only measuring the object's mass, and not the magnitude that the force from which is being applied.

As for Catholicism, it's actually the only truly Christian religion (no offense to anyone). All other "Christian" religions are actually Protestant - which is selected beliefs of Catholicism and a few different ones. As being Protestant is still following most of the truths and some further truths of the book, it's completely accepted as Christian - as every Protestant is a Christian. I can't believe I learned that in American History though Eh, in other words, these Baptists who believe Catholics aren't Christians are completely wrong - maybe they are not Christians to begin with. Not my place to judge that though.
ok before you all dig too deep into your asses, I will clear up any misunderstanding.

1.) catholicism and Protestant fall under two different denomonations of christianity. Christianity is defined as: a monotheistic system of beliefs and practices based on the Old Testament and the teachings of Jesus as embodied in the New Testament and emphasizing the role of Jesus as savior. therefor if you believe Jesus was the son of god and the messiah to man, you are a christian.

2.) and, working of the sentence kiros stated No, evolution isn't a wonder. It's a fairy-tale to provide "comfort" to those who aren't open-minded enough thats actually backwards, or hell, goes both ways. Religion is a fairytale to provide comfort to those who don't want to accept evolution. AND I MUST ADD......Open Mindedness is defined as having respect to new ideas and or opionions of others. and you saying that evolution is a fairytale etc, is showing narrow mindedness, in addition, you calling people who believe in evolution narrow minded, you are automaticly crowned, as a hypocrite. sorry.....but its true.

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
kolte is offline   Reply With Quote