View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2009, 04:35 AM  
Death
Awesome Poster

Death's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deschain View Post
That's because theists have faith and look at things through a religious paradigm and not a scientific one.
Faith, yes, and that's all, faith. Nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deschain View Post
You're being no more ignorant than they are by stating that the only way to know anything is through science. Simply put, scientific paradigms work in solving scientific issues and religious paradigms work in solving theistic issues.
Maybe, but we still cannot know these things though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwb187 View Post
Because it makes sense to me, I don't get how something can come fron nothing.
And yet again, somebody disbelieves because they do not understand it; I've seen this too many times before. The universe we know today did not come out of nothing. I'd reccomend reading up on the big bang here (may not be the best site, but you could always find others yourself). Apart from anything else, that's a bit hypocritical because you have not said how God has come into being and don't say that he was always there or doesn't need to because you could say the same about the universe or whatever came before it.

Quote:
I like science and I am a Christian. But I do see holes in both that can be filled by the other. Obviously there will always be questions, and some will go unanswered, but I believe that science and religion can coexist.
That's the last thing that can be done; religion and science don't mix, ever.

Quote:
Also, my religion makes perfect sense to me.
Some random man who nobody has ever even met ust clicked his fingers and suddenly, poof! The whole universe appeared from nowhere started swirling into place. He then decided that he wanted all the life forms to appear and so he simply told the world what he wanted and it just appeared. Makes perfect sense.

Quote:
I am probably bot going to be a great source of knowledge to answer a bunch of questions though.
Why don't you ask God? Couldn't he fill you in on what's been happening? Prayer is real, right?

Quote:
Anyway, I hope answered your question even in the slightest way.
Nice of you to say so, but I'm afraid I've got more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote