View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2006, 06:33 PM  
advent_child
Member+

advent_child's Forum Picture

well i go back to the first question . religion does not help people be more moral than athiests. infact in a way you could call athiesm a religion based on scientific fact. i dont believe that half the crap in the bible actually happened, but i believe in god. it is completly irrational, as is ALL human behavior. If Hitler had promised to end world war two in 1942 and sign a treaty of unconditional surrender in exchange for ten children to be beaten, raped, and murdered in front of the site of the reichstag fire, winston churchill, roosevelt or stalin would not give in to those demands.the exchange of ten human lives to save millions makes perfect sense, but it is morally wrong. it is human behavior. the only people who would agree would be of altered mental state. Aside from that hitler broke near damn every treaty he signed with allied nations.

The term "utopia" is combined from two Greek words — "no" (ou) and "place/land" (topos), thus meaning "nowhere" or more literally, "no-place/no-land."

(...)God(...)I(...)love(...)ellipses(...)

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...revolt/SGE.jpg
advent_child is offline   Reply With Quote