View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2009, 02:00 PM  
Death
Awesome Poster

Death's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deschain View Post
If you have a problem with me, take it up with a moderator. Last I checked, I've never been warned or banned for things said in this forum.
I would say 'calm down' again, but it's obvious that there's no point.

Quote:
Sure it would, but who the fuck would care? Animals don't have any comprehension of the overall state of the world and would carry on doing their business whether we're here to kill them or not.
I suppose that's a valid, if slightly selfish (come on, you have to admit that, although I'm not complaining), view.

Quote:
Short answer: Nobody cares if nobody's there.
So lets say that one psychopath went round and killed everybody in a remote village (he lived there) which is detatched from the rest of the world before killing himself, all you'd say it that no-one's there so no-one cares? Well, I suppose that you actually have a point there, but wouldn't it have been nicer if they could have all lived? Well, actually, I suppose that's debatable.

Quote:
No, and we have no obligation to help it.
Never said we did. We certainly have no obligation. Helping it is merely something one can do when they feel like doing something good.

Quote:
If you say something in a debate that can be attacked, you will be attacked.
Everything can be attacked and so I could now attack you, but I won't. Regardless, I merely wanted us to debate without bashing what others say, nothing else.

Quote:
And do you know how many Christians take the Old Testament seriously at all? It's not an issue in and of itself. People who take a literal interpretation of the Old Testament already have dangerous personalities and would just spread their horrible ideas through some other means even without religion.
Doesn't it seem weird that a Christian would want to follow a book when they don't take half of it seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Misery View Post
No matter what we do to the environment the earth will fix itself we aren't that powerful dude.
I know that. All I said was that we have not left a good mark on the environment. But this isn't even related to religion, and so I don't even know why we're discussing it here. I mean seriously (I'm not speaking to you or anyone in particular, please note), can we drop this 'sub topic' now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.

Last edited by Death; November 13th, 2009 at 02:07 PM.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote