Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2009, 03:22 AM  
Awesome Poster
Death's Forum Picture
Default Re: Religion

Originally Posted by Deschain View Post
Because there are no other reasons to kill people. Yeah.
There's no need for sarcasm Deschain. Yes, I know that there are other reasons to kill people. But one of the reasons that currently exists is religion and without religion, there would be no religious conflict and wars. True, there would be conflict and wars for other reasons, but you'd have one less without religion.

Originally Posted by deadpie View Post
I've been getting allot of friends telling me that "god" puts people on earth for a reason.I really do hate this theory. If one more person tells me this, i'm gonna go insane.
I know. To be perfectly honest, it sucks.

I mean, yesterday we had someone visit our school and this dude talked about how his friend died in a car crash from drinking and driving at age fifteen and he thinks it happened so it was god's intentions.
I don't think they realise it, but they portray God as being quite nasty if you think about it.

I don't know, i'm rambling again.
Even if you are 'rambling' (although I don't think you are), you're in the right forum for it.

I just don't believe in destiny or that there is much a point in anything. We're just ants in a never ending universe.
Exactly. Our solar system is nothing both time and size-wize with the rest of the universe. Apart from reproduce, I don't really think that there is any actual meaning of life. Of course, the point of reproduction is to create more life which has no meaning of its own except reproduce further, so, one could say that there is no meaning of life.

Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote