View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2009, 04:30 PM  
Lily of the Valley
Member+

Name: Laura
Default Re: Self Harm Calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyxugly View Post
There are different kinds of addictions, mental and physical. they are both addictions, and although you may not believe in them, they are there.
addiction:
the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

There is no severe trauma when a person goes a week or so without cutting. Anyone who can tell me that, when they've gone some period of time without cutting that they became incapacitated by dizziness, nausea, vomiting, weakness, headaches or migraines, and were completely unable to speak coherently, then I can tell you that they're lying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyxugly View Post
some people DO get addicted to talking to a certain person, it may mean that they have underlying mental problems but they still become obsessed or addicted.
Well, yes, of course there are occurences where people get "addicted" to talking to a certain person. These are, of course, more often things like stalking or some sort of mental instability showing up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_Reality View Post
btw this is a thread for self harm references so both of us have to stop with this none sense fighting
I'm not fighting with you. I'm just discussing the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora. View Post
Some people are more emotionally stronger than others.
Our job is to help and support the people who genuinely are trying to stop their bad habits with self-harm. Some people feel as if they just can't physically and psychologically cope without certain things (whether that be anything ranging from cutting, drugs, internet, sex, etc) and we encourage them to seek professional help.
Everyone is different with varied levels of emotional stability.
Psh, that sure as hell ain't my job.

~Maggot