View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:59 PM  
Lily of the Valley
Member+

Name: Laura
Default Re: Self Harm Calendar

Alright, I'll stay with this: Cutting isn't an addiction. Oh yes, I said it. NOT. AN. ADDICTION. Is it enjoyable? Yes. Is it helpful for some people? Yes. But is it addictive? No. I have been addicted to things, and I have suffered the effects of it, and I can tell you right now that no one will ever suffer addiction withdrawal symptoms because of not cutting without creating it themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karastes View Post
You know Lynnsay, it may make you feel good, but only for when you cut for sure, you're releasing the stress. I don't really know how that feels, but from what you say it is addictive and like others have said, it's an addiction that is bad for you.
When you see your scars, you must feel bad for sure, remembering of what made you do that, and that is self harm's way to get you addicted, you remember bad things that happened and the relief you felt while cutting, so you do that again, but all that cutting isn't good for you.
I don't feel bad when I see my scars. I just feel a tingly feeling at that spot...

~Maggot