Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:14 PM  
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith
Default Re: Self Harm Calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukiayua View Post
ok thank you this is help...and to answer your question....that's happened....but....the after math is...i wake up....throw some salt on it...and go on with life.....i know that it might possibly get bad....but i can't help it....i physically can't stop.
Seriously.
The thing is, there are methods. You CAN stop, that sort of pessimistic behavior is preventing you to though. Many have stopped. It might be hard, but it isn't impossible.

The toughest night ever, the one that caused my mother to throw me in the hospital, I got through that without cutting, amazingly. I went on this site and talked to my friends. And on this site, I had a few replies almost instantly. Both the people on this site and my friends talked me through it. Karastes is right, sometimes all that it takes is to communicate with someone who understands.

The five minute game also works as many on here suggest, telling yourself you can self-harm in five minutes and after those five minutes you keep going. You can get through the night that way. And after a few days, you can develop some will power. I exercise that will power, so it becomes stronger.

Many people succeed with that. Even though I've relapsed three times in the last two months, I'm at least trying, and that's what counts.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.