View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2004, 02:06 AM  
teenboy9

You are right, Romans 1:26 + 27 is very clear, and it does not stand alone in its clarity. It’s also very clear when the bible tells me how to sell my daughter into slavery (if I had one). The bible says, “A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this.” (Deut. 22:5) Sweetgurlsammi, I assume you have worn pants before in your life, does that mean God detests you? But before you start thinking about that we need to find out where almost all the teenagers on this site live, because as it says in Exodus 21:17 children that curse at their parents and in Exodus 21:15 children that hit their parents deserve to be put to death. This may be to personal Dfsg, but you need to find out when your mother has sex. Because if she has done this during menstruation the bible says she needs to be put to death (Exodus 19:13) If she has not then she should feel shameful for certain ways she may keep her hair or the amount of jewelry she has worn. (Tim. 2:9-10) This not to mention the continued theme through out the book of women being placed as the “lower sex.” Look, I respect your right to believe that the bible says homosexuality is wrong. But if you do, and say that the bible is first a detailed handbook on what a Christian should and should not be doing, then you have to follow all the other things the book mentions. But what is disturbing most of all is that we are having a debate on Gay Marriage, and Christianity is being considered. Civil Rights activists, and members of the gay community are working to try and receive the same rights as a heterosexual couple. Christianity does not matter here, they do not necessarily want to have a Christian marriage, they just want the right to be together with the one they love. A right that has no Constitutional reason for not being passed.