View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2006, 11:37 PM  
Webbeardthepirate

I do think this was one of the better debates. Of course we have mostly come to the conclusion that Europe and the US are mostly different. I'f you have read any of my other posts you can tell I am extreemly Ethnocentric, but I like to include Europe in my Ethnocentrism, much to, I suspect, Redcar's dismay. We're both democracies, mostly, so we prety much have the systems in place that we want. In the US we take the bread and circuses our corporations hand out, at always the low price, always. Our rampant consumerism has helped many nations sell us stuff, and lift their entire countries up.

Japan was doing great there for a little bit. I think more of them need to learn english and move here though. Tokyo is rediculously crouded, and we still have lots of room for educated hard working conformists. Their children will grow up like us, but creative non-conformity is good too, and we produce alot of that as well. Not as much as we pretend, most "creative" people are derivative hacks. Not every one can be Andy Worhal, the hairspray alone would be ecologically devistating. (Andy Worhal had wild frizzed out hair).

Hey, speaking of corporations, it looks like they are going to try and move the country toa tax payer universal health care system so they can try and compete with countries that have such health care. We shall see what happens then.
Webbeardthepirate is offline   Reply With Quote