View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2006, 01:38 PM  
Kiros
Retired Administrator

Kiros's Forum Picture

Name: Ben

How can such a smart person be so close-minded? Ah well, maybe in another few years...

In a sense, the square root of -16 is a defined concept, as I just told you. The solution would be 4i. But wait, what's this? It's an abstraction? O_o Oh my, then... should it be taught in schools?! The fact of the matter is that even scientists and brilliant mathematicians know about and use i. And I, myself, am very impressed you couldn't take this concept in to mind.

Unfortunately, this "strong force" you speak of doesn't use gluons. Any force has to have a force (of course... a horse is a horse...). Now, we know that force has the effects of inertia and momentum, as well as a velocity. This, itself, proves the existence of gravity and gravitons. And now who's to say gravity is weak? Dare you say a black hole has less of a "pull" than an electromagnet? Now I'm a little confused as to why you say that "THERE IS NO GRAVITY!" because last time I checked, I was still standing on the ground, and I still had a weight - a measurement of gravity.

Now you see, the thing about relativity is that it states nothing can accelerate to or past the speed of light, for accelerating past it in this universe, well, that's impossible as it's not exotic enough. However, if something were instantly faster than the speed of light, then this could work, even if you put the theory of relativity in the equation. So these subatomic particles (not virtual particles) can have exotic affects, such as the gluons fading in to and out of existence and not carrying gravity, and photons acting as waves and particles at the same time and carrying enormous amounts of energy even though it's a not energy itself and has no conduction.

So in a sense, if you can't even understand mathematical abstractions, how would you be able to understand a much more complex concept? This almost screams proof of not only Intelligent Design, but also God, Himself. Ever since our science professor realized this, he's been one of the most radical Christians I know.

And most importantly, I'm so glad that you believe in God. Faith really shows how open-minded you can be, doesn't it?

Kiros || Ben

Happiness is not about being perfect.
It is about seeing beyond the imperfections.
Kiros is offline   Reply With Quote