View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2004, 08:30 AM  
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWizard

Oh yes lets associate gays with murder, rape, stealing, etc. NOT
I'm associating them with sinfulness.

And about the Bible passage posted before, yes, you have been successful in finding one of the 13 references to homosexuality. Too bad the Leviticus ones only have to do with Jewish law. Christian law comes much later. This passage is from Romans 1:26 + 27.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with woman and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves due penalty for their perversion.

Now, a homosexual preforming homosexual things is bad. Just as it would be bad if I lusted over or had premarital sex your sister. There's plenty of verses on that.

Yes, all sin is bad, and we all divulge in it every day, but churches can not let more sin happen with a marital joining that is not a man-woman(except the stupid episcopal church). Maraige is not recognized in the eyes of God if it is not a man-woman maraige. It is their job to fight all sin, for sin is from the Devil.

We had a pastor at a local church involved in Adultery. We didn't say "Oh, lots of people do it, he has a Doctorate in Psycology and Divinity, and he's such a nice guy, lets just let him stay." No! This man works for the Radio Shack now. You can't just let sin slide through the rules of religious docterine because it is popular.

When the Episcopal church put in a gay bishop (which is completely against the Biblical rules for that sort of thing), The Lutheran church, which was slowly merging with them, cut them off. They would not have pastoral exchanges, they would not let them bring sin into the congregation.

Now the government is trying to usurp the power of the church to declaire maraiges against the church's will. That is direct violation of the separation of church and state. And it's all illegal.

As always- None of my statements are evaluated by the FDA.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

(but your medical doctor will probably end up killing you )