View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2006, 02:48 AM  
Webbeardthepirate

Lots wife had been turned into a pillar of salt, poor unnamed woman. Did they come from Sodom or Gamorah? I don't remember? As for thinking foryourself, Martin Buber, the jewish theologian, in his book I and Thou, putforward the suposition that God exists in the connection between people, and not in the individual person. It is through our connection to one another that good and evil can be done. But failing the connection always does evil. So rather then thinking for yourself you need to engage in dialog with your fellow humans. Think together, and not alone. You don't have to agree, but as long as you communicate you can avoid the evils that would otherwise result. I mean, if you want to listen to a dead jewish guy. (Whose ideas were also one of the leading influences on Vatican II)
I think the Virgin Mary would be considered tainted by original sin, as was Jesus, being born of a woman. That was the point of the Baptism of Christ by John the Baptist. Or so I've been told, I wasn't there.
Webbeardthepirate is offline   Reply With Quote