Awesome Poster

dying lullaby's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by koler
Quote:
Originally Posted by koler
edit:taken out by waiting
1. post could of started a fight
2. cutting is NOT attention seeking if truely meant and you cannotu generalize all cutters.
you know, I take great offense that you took that out. the medical profession views cutting and self harm as a personality disorder. therfor it can be assisted by waking up, reolizing you not the olny one with a problem, that your life is wonderful compared to others what you have been doing is immature and attention seeking and that you should live your lives without trying to please everyone. If somebody is cutting, telling them they are immature for doing it may hurt, but hell, maybe it will open there eyes, and save there life.

on the contrary, cutting is actually very mature. i have been told this by many doctors and therapists and i believe them. their reasoning was that cutting is a self made coping mechonism which helps cutters from doing something more extreme and dangerous.

most cutters hide it from most ppl if not all. that is not attention seeking. cutting is, like i said before, a coping mechonism - a way to cope with emotions so strong they may be paralizing.

it's a known statistic that the majorty of cutters have been sexually abused some time in their life. the feelings from sexual abuse are so strong and so damaging...please, do not judge people before you realize all of the facts.

btw, calling anyone's actions which they believe are saving their lifes(which they very well may be) immature is only going to make them defensive and closed to anything else you have to say.

http://usera.imagecave.com/aoxfordca/dyinglull4.jpg
^ made by AtlantaWonder ^

She can\'t remember a time when she felt needed
If love was red then she was color blind
leave me be, while i rot and die, in the corner, under the blanket that you gave me when you lied and told me i ment something
~Bri