View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2006, 11:26 PM  
kolte
I am: I am

kolte's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfsg
So it offends you if I call you a liberal (which your opinions lead me to believe you are) but you are perfectly okay with bashing my religion.... Yeah it's a debate forum, but it's a respectful one. I may be old fashioned, but I never curse, and I respect other religions. You may not have religion, but it's a very important part of many billions of people's lives.

The spiritual idea of marriage is something that has always been in the power of the church. How can the government change that? Civil unions are in the power of the Government, they can change that.
I'm not offended by it, just don't really know why your calling me one. Yeah I'm perfectly ok with bashing your religion, but I wouldnt say I was bashing it, if you read all my poems in a laid back voice, you will see that I don't really fight, just ramble. just say all my post in my voice (monotone, moderatly fast, a few smircks, and a cuple laughfs at random intervles) you will be amazed at how non hostile and bashing I really am. Its just like, your getting a little bit to into the debate if I'm starting to offend you. trippin out man. anywho, law won't be able to change the church, at least we agree churches should not be forced to preform gay marraiges, but there are some churches that do happily preform gay marriages. My stepdad, is an ordained minister, as well as my grandmother, and though only my grandma has preformed weddings, I'm sure both would happily wed two interacial, or same sex couples. its not really a big deal, just let everyone be equal.

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""